Tuesday 29 September 2009

Review of Thinking of You

Jill Mansell - Thinking of You

From Amazon - Ginny Holland’s daughter Jem has headed off to university, leaving single mum Ginny with a severe case of empty nest syndrome. To make matters worse, the first gorgeous man she's clapped eyes on in years has just accused Ginny of shoplifting. So Ginny decides to advertise for a lodger but what she gets is lovelorn Laurel, who can only talk about her ex-boyfriend. However Laurel has a dangerously charming brother, Perry, and add to that the offer of a great new job, and things are looking up...until Ginny realises that her potential boss is all too familiar.

Is it too late for Ginny to set right the first impression she made when Finn Penhaligon got quite the wrong end of the stick? And is either Finn or Perry quite what they seem?



_____________________________________________________________________________________

Jill Mansell's "Thinking of You," was such a great read! Once I started I couldn't put it down, it just drew me into it so easily! It had two stories running throughout it - the one of Ginny living at home in a seaside village and missing her daughter so much, but not being able to tell her daughter how she feels. And the other one of Jem - who has gone away to Bristol for university, and is experiencing hundreds of life altering changes and dramas. Both stories were utterly compelling, and I found myself wanting to know what was happening in the other one whilst reading the other!

I also enjoyed the way that the stories mirrored each other, but not in a boring obvious way! I like the idea in Jill Mansell's books that you don't have to be 20 and a stick insect in order to fall in love! Because love is blind after all!

Character-wise I loved them all again! Jill Mansell always seems to have this infinite ability to make me love her characters! There was Ginny, the protaganist who made me laugh, made me cry! And who I really wanted to find love more than anyone else, because she simply deserved it! And then there was the contrasting character of Carla, who despite being horrid in some ways, I couldn't help but think that it wasn't really her fault!

The male characters in the book were also really funny, and I couldn't help but develop a crush on Finn, even though he's practically old enough to be my father :)!

All in all it was a great book!
Another of Jill Mansell's books that was a delight to read :)!

Hope You're all Well!



2 comments:

Nina said...

Great review. Thank you! I like the cover.

Catriona said...

@Nina - Thank you! I like the way all of her covers match! I think they'd look nice all sitting together :) x