Sunday 20 September 2009

In My Mailbox (1)


IMM is hosted by Kristi, @ The Story Siren!
I only got one book this week, kind of disappointing, I won a book on the internet a few weeks ago but it still hasn't come :(!
I'll show you what I got anyway, see if it appeals to anyone else!

Jodi Picoult - Second Glance
From the moment Ross's fiancee Aimee was killed in a car accident, he's been trying to die too. But life won't let him go. His only hope now is that Aimee will come to him.
So when he hears of strange happenings at an ancient Indian burial ground near his sister's home, he heads to Comtosook - desperate for the rumours of a haunting to be true.
What he finds there is not Aimee's ghost, but Lia, a very real woman whose life is filled with as many troubled secrets as his own......

I've read Jodi Picoult's Mercy, and Change of Heart before and the reason I like her books, is that they're always a little bit different than the ones I usually read. Although on the surface there's a light story, she always deals with issues that others shy away from. Like in Mercy she deals with euthanasia, and in Change of Heart, the death penalty. Both of these topics are very current and I hope that Second Glance is no different.

I hope your week was a bit more successful bookwise as mine! Enjoy your Sunday! xxxx

6 comments:

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

Oooh, I love Jodi Picoult! I haven't read Second Glance yet, but I've read most of her other works and she's one of my favourite authors! Hope you enjoy this book, looking forward to your review! :)

Rebecca said...

Interesting book you got this week. I haven't read any books by Jodi Picoult yet but I've been meaning to. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Anonymous said...

I have yet to read anything by Jodi. I've heard such amazing things about her books. I hope you enjoy this one. :D

Catriona said...

@Bookalicious - Thank you :) I'll tell you if its worth a read!
@Rebecca - I hope you enjoy whatever you got this week :)!
@Michelle - Thank you :) Enjoy your reading week too :)

Nina said...

Have fun reading the book you got!

Catriona said...

@Nina - Thank you :)